Friday, May 7, 2010

I am a Pirate, and it is Killing Me.

I was always intended to work the light board in our theatre. Then we switched directors.
As flexible as I am, I cannot remove the knife from my back.

It is really sad how much I love the girl who took my place. We have been friends for four years, and she willingly and knowingly stole my rightful place. Since this mutiny I have been torn between loving and hating her, a torment that has brought me to tears and agony many times.

I did not despise them, I simply quit the play so I would not have to see the people who mutineed me, going into in a self-inflicted exile. I spoke to them and made a joke contained within their script. They shunned me themselves.

They say such tears in the mind between love and hate or other things cause people to snap and kill others or themselves.
They are right.

To quote Jack Sparrow, There is a deep circle of Hell reserved for mutineers. I was not the captain, but I was captain of that lightboard. Now my lightboard has been ripped away and these unfit pirates are commanding the chip that is rightfuly mine.
I feel like firing the cannons.

No comments:

Post a Comment