Friday, December 4, 2009

Need Cash For College


Getting into college:

The struggle facing many students these days is no longer getting the best scores and getting into college, that part my generation has. The struggle now is money.

I am an identical twin with a stepbrother who will be graduating with us. We are humble land surveyors with our own business. I have a 29 ACT score, the highest of the three. My sister has a learning disability and my brother relies on baseball to pay.

Tomorrow I compete for a scholarship against 50 high-ranking students.

Paying for college is the struggle of my generation. We must enter the workforce instead. In a world where you need a degree to flip burgers, keeping us from college puts forth a grim future for the future of our nation and our youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment