Monday, November 16, 2009

Dear Steven (my poor shy friend),
Even if you weren't adorable, we would want to be seen with you. Even if you couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, we would still want to hear your voice. Even if we didn't need you, we would still want you. Even if you never got hyper, and stayed sleepy all day, we would still want to hang out with you.

And though you blush and protest, the fact remains that you are amazing. You always look perfect, even when you think you don't. I stop breathing when you sing - your voice is that good. You are not just an energy source, you are a friend. A truer one than any I have ever had. And I wish you could see it. Smile. And ask for what you want, even if it is to be away from me. Because you are amazing, even if you can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment